Summery blouses and spring trousers - Aurora Blouse and Sasha Trousers





A few months ago I decided I needed to stop wearing my workout clothes all the time and dress up a bit on my days off. The result was several pairs of lovely and well fitting trousers in some lightweight stretch woven fabrics and a couple long sleeve blouses in stretch silk georgette.

First up, the Sasha Trouser pattern by Closet Case Patterns. The pattern is well drafted and details include buttoned, welted back pockets, side front pockets with pocket stays, and belt loops. I did need to make several modifications, but after years of not being able to find (or make) well fitting pants, I am finally figuring out the modifications that make patterns work for my body type.

I made 3 pairs of trousers. The ones shown in these photos are made from a stretch suiting from Emmaonesock.com.

Pattern modifications: 
 1. large/full frontal thigh adjustment
 2. Large/prominent calf adjustment

Future modification: 
After sewing up a few pairs and wearing them,  I noticed some extra fabric (loose horizontal folds) below the waistband. According to my favorite pattern fitting book, this means I also need a sway-back adjustment. I ripped out the stitching in the center back and removed some of the excess fabric for a better fit. Still need to make this change on my pattern.


Next Pattern: The Aurora blouse and tunic pattern by Wardrobe By Me. I absolutely love this pattern and will definitely be making the short sleeve version in the (hopefully near) future. I made two of these blouses in stretch silk georgette prints that I picked up for a great price in the L.A. Fashion District on my last visit there. In my opinion, this top works best for lightweight fabric with lots of drape. My favorite feature of the long sleeve variation is the elastic on the sleeve hems.





These blouses look great with my sasha trousers and ginger jeans!

Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular Posts