Knitting project bag




My family recently went on a multi-day road trip. Before we left, I thought it would be nice to make a project bag to organize my knitting while on the road. I was inspired by this yarn stuff sack and this knitting bag with an inner divider.

My requirements for a knitting project bag were as follows:
1. Small enough to fit (cram) into a larger handbag.
2. A sealed top to prevent my stuff from falling out
3. Inner pockets to hold rulers, pencils, extra knitting needles, scissors, and crochet hooks.
4. A removable divider to hold 2 separate yarn balls for two-at-time socks, sleeves, etc.
5. No velcro or other rough material that might snag delicate yarns

After much consideration, I decided to use a lunch bucket pattern that I purchased from the amazing Lorainne at ikatbag.com about 5 years ago. For some reason I cut the pattern pieces out but never got around to making the actual bag. I made a few modifications to the pattern to satisfy my aforementioned design requirements.


Bag interior without divider.  
This view shows the interior pockets.

Bag interior with divider attached. Small carabiners attached with fabric loops to the sides allow yarn to be clipped in to prevent tangling. 



The divider attaches with magnetic snaps.



The bag has a removable handle.
The top can be cinched closed.
I used 3mm elastic cord and end lock cords found here.
The top fabric cover can be folded down.

Fully loaded and ready for travel.


Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts