Colibri Cardigan and Cat Socks







When I first saw the Manos De Uruguay silk Fino yarn in the Locura Fluo colorway in someone else's project on Ravelry, I knew I wanted to make something similar. My daughter likes wild colors, so I gave her the option of a striped cardigan with Locura Fluo and black or white; She chose black. I used Sandrine C's Colibri pattern that I had previously used to make my daughter a hot pink sweater that has since been felted by my husband.



 As with any project, I began with much enthusiasm, but once I made it to the sleeves, my momentum waned. Around Christmas, I realized she would be too tall for the Colibri if I didn't finish it soon! I finally finished it last weekend. As I mentioned in my ravelry post, the sweater is knitted top down and stitches placed on a holder and picked up later for the raglan sleeves. I knit the sleeves 2 at a time using a long circular needle (36-40 inches) and the magic loop technique.


Love these Octopus buttons!
 





As a side note, when my daughter modeled this cardigan today, she also wore these cute cat socks that I made her last year using Lauren Riker's adorable sock pattern.



                                                  

Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular Posts